Porphyry copper exploration of the district by many companies resumed in the late 1940s and was most active until the late 1960s. The Dos Pobres deposit was discovered by Phelps Dodge in 1958 (Langton and Williams, 1982). A project in the late 1970s to evaluate bulk underground mining of the deposit was abandoned due to
· A mineral deposit is the showing of any type of mineral whether it has value or is just of scientific interest. An ore deposit is a mineral deposit that has an economic value as well as a scientific value. The copper mineral malachite. Photo by Rob Lavinsky. There are times when you can actually have a very large mineral deposit worth millions ...
Its local subsidiary Sagittarius Mining International (SMI) has ploughed 350 million into the billion Tampakan project, which it describes as one of the world's largest undeveloped coppergold deposits. The Tampakan project area contains 15 million tons of copper and nearly 18 million ounces of gold according to SMI/Glencore Xstrata.
A brief discussion of major sources of base metals notes that vein deposits—especially those containing lead and zinc—are commonly coarsegrained and therefore were the preferred choice of miners in the last century. Copper was mainly derived from the oxidized upper portions of coppersulfide deposits. The introduction of the selective
· · Sandfire's DeGrussa coppergold mine, loed 900 km northeast of Perth in Western Australia, is one of the AsiaPacific region's premiere, highgrade copper mines.
Roman mining. Roman mining was well ahead of its time. The Romans were the first to use sophistied technology to mine for mineral deposits such as iron, copper, tin, lead or gold. Iron had varied uses and was used to make tools and weapons. Tin and copper were used to make bronze.
A series of copper gold deposits are associated with this structure including Sequerinho, Sossego, Jatobá, Serra Dourada and Cristalino deposits. The Sossego deposit has been divided into 4 main zones, from west to east areas: Pista, Sequerinho, Baiano and Sossego Hill of which, the Sequeirinho deposit is the most important in terms of size.
· The Petaquilla concession in central Panama hosts three major porphyry Cu(AuMo) deposits, with total reserves of 1,218 million tonnes ... Exploration and Discovery at the Petaquilla CopperGold Concession, Panama Author(s) Friedrich Speidel Friedrich Speidel Inmet Mining Corporation, APDO 550607, Paitilla, Panama, Republic ...
· Copper mineralization occurs in many forms and in a variety of geological such, there are various factors to consider when determining the value of different types of copper deposits.
· K92 Mining is engaged in the production of gold, copper and silver from the Kora deposit at the Kainantu gold mine in the Eastern Highlands province of Papua New Guinea, as well as exploration and development of mineral deposits in the immediate vicinity of the mine. The company declared commercial production from Kainantu in February 2018.
As you can see in the example above, the deposit does not have to be enormous in size (only 500 meters long by 100 meters wide) to contain a valuable deposit (approximately 6 billion worth of minerals). However, in order to be as realistic as possible about this valuation, you can not assume that the complete ore body contains the same grade ( 2% copper and gram per tonne gold).
The purpose of this report is to assess the potential for undiscovered vein and replacement deposits of gold, silver, copper, lead, zinc, manganese, and tungsten in the Butte 1 °X2° quadrangle. This quadrangle, in westcentral Montana, is one of the most mineralized and productive regions in the United States. Its mining districts, including the world famous Butte or Summit Valley district ...
Iron oxide copper gold ore deposits (IOCG) are important and highly valuable concentrations of copper, gold and uranium ores hosted within iron oxide dominant gangue assemblages which share a common genetic origin.. These ore bodies range from around 10 million to >4,000 million tonnes of contained ore, and have a grade of between % and 5% copper, with gold contents ranging from .
Mineral Deposit Identifiion; Deposit Name(s) Neelinbraggan 1925, North Vein 1958, Copper Prince 1958, Adelaide Gold Mines 1935: Related Deposit Type
· Copper is found alongside many other types of ore. It can be found near gold, silver, zinc, lead, and other types of metal deposits. When mixed in with other ores, copper is not usually found in great abundance. Until the development of the modern copper mining process, it was typically a byproduct of mining for other metals.
· In the gold mines of the Porcupine Camp, Ontario, pyrrhotite, tourmaline, and scheelite are characteristic. At Rice Lake, Manitoba, biotite is found in the rock next to the gold veins. In the gold copper deposits of Rossland,, magnetite, biotite, garnet, actinolite, and wollastonite are found among the gangue minerals.
It's possible, though, to identify formations of quartz that have embedded gold veins, extract the gold by hand, and sell the raw gold or make jewelry out of it. Unlike placer gold deposits in creeks and streams, aboveground gold veins can't be readily found in most states, so you'll need to do some online research to see whether or not prospectors have found veins of gold in your area ...